Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fianlly got that "W" in the district

Whew....I am glad to finally get that monkey off of my back. Finally got that first win in an ABA tournament this weekend. And it couldn't have came at a better time. We only have 2 more one day tournaments on this season before we have the district championship 2 day. I am leaving for Montgomery Alabama to attend the USAF First Sergeant Academy and would have missed both of those. This was my last chance to try to add to the 1 point points lead that I have over my good friend Mr Dean. I was able to cushion that lead to 6 points now with a first place finish at Arrowhead this weekend. Mr Dean was a little under the weather and did not fish this weekend. If I know him, when I get back from Alabama he would have passed me up and it will come down to the 2 day.

I am really hoping that this year is my year. I have decided that I am going to nationals. I just hope that I can go to Pickwick and fish at Lake Wilson for the Angler of the Year. If Mr Dean or Rob Eckle or any of the guys win lead the division I will be happy for them too, as long as they go to nationals. Only the 1st place angler gets to fish the AOY tournament and we can't send a sub if the 1st place guy decides not to go. Our director Mr Rob Eckle was awesome in the fact that he moved the division 2 day for me when I found out that I was going to be in class and would have missed it. He didn't have to move it, but he did. So for that Rob I thank you very very much.

Hopefully the fish are startign to bite all over the place by now. I know that the weather has really been tough here in North Texas. One day it is 90 degrees outside and the next it barely gets past 40. The other morning I woke up and it was 74 degrees at 6 am. The next morning it was 33. Between the unstable temps and the 20-60 MPH winds fishing has been tough and it has been a workout too! Ya'll take it easy and until next time!!!!

2 comments:

Basspastor said...

Way to Go!

Art Simms said...

Congrats on the win! Good luck with the rest of your tournaments.

Art