Saturday, January 3, 2009

Holliday season over

Well now that the holiday season is over it is finally time to relax a little bit. My life has been pretty crazy since about mid October. I am currently in Phoenix visiting my wifes family. We just returned from a 5 day cruise to Cabo San Lucas and Ensenada Mexico. Unfortunatly I didn't get the chance to go fishing in Cabo like I had wanted too. But it was fun anyway. Now I am just waiting on my flight back to Texas and a day to relax before I go back to work on Monday. I hope that everyone had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I am hoping that the weather in Texas will cooperate with me and allow me to do a little fishing here pretty soon. I haven't had my boat in the water in about a month and a half and it is killing me! I have ordered a few things from Cabela's and Bass Pro shops and my wife just can't understand why I keep buying fishing equipment even though I haven't been fishing. I told her it is like her shoes. She keeps buying shoes even though she can only wear one pair at a time. I think that may have helped her understand.

Well, hopefully I can get back home and do some fishing tomorrow. Our district's next tournament is at Lake Graham on February 22nd. Yall should come out and fish it if you can! Hopefully I won't get skunked out there. Graham and the winter time and me do not go well together. Last year I went down and practiced in the winter and caught some nice fish. But when tournament time rolled around the next week, i didn't even get a bite! We shall see what happens and I will let you know.

Here is to hoping that you all have a great start to 2009. Have a good one!

1 comment:

Basspastor said...

I just found your blog thanks to the blog by P. Roberts. My blog is Bass Pundit and I have been blogging since Nov. 2004. Keep the fishing stories coming.