Saturday, February 14, 2009

Boat is fixed

First I want to start out by thanking Progressive insurance. Even though the repair on my boat didn't cost what I thought it may cost, those guys made the whole process simple. Even when I cancelled the claim, they siad if it still aint right just let em know and they will open it back up. Thanks progressive.

Secondly I want to give a shout out to Larry's Marine (www.larrysmarine.com) particularly to Rodney the service manager. Not only were they quick in diagnosing the problem, but in getting it fixed and doing it for less than what was quoted. Including the day I dropped the boat off, it was fixed and back at my house within 5 working days. You guys over there rock!

So, since I had the boat fixed it only made sense to get it back out on the water. Plus I wanted to make sure it was all working before the Graham tournament next week. Well the weather here has been awesome the past few days. We have had highs in the mid to upper 70s. A guy I work with was out on the lake last weekend and said that in about 45 minutes he caught 20 fish that averaged about 4-5 pounds. Well the day I picked the boat up we had a huge rain storm come through. It was the same storm that spawned those tornadoes up in Oklahoma City. Well the next couple of days were pretty nice so on Thursday I went to the lake to run the boat. Well the boat shifts and runs like a champ. The surface temp on the water is sitting right around 54 degrees or so. The water was churned up a little bit from the heavy rain that we had. The wife had only given me like an hour or so to go run the boat so I didn't get to do much fishing (darn backlash) since I only had a rod or two in the boat. But I was really happy to see that the motor worked great.

Now I have the boat fully loaded and ready to go. So of course a cold front moves through last night. The temp is only about 33 degrees or so out right now. My wife and kids went to visit friends in Missouri this weekend and we have nasty cold weather come through. I am planning to head down to Lake Graham on Monday weather its cold or not to check it out. I haven't been there in about a year and the last time I was i goose egged. I am taking a buddy of mine down there for the first time. My usual fishing partner has moved on to do his year in Korea. When he rotates back stateside he will be in SOuth Carolina. In the mean time I need to find a new partner for the Wednesday night tournaments coming up in a couple of months.

Well yall take it easy and talk to you soon. I will let you know how the Graham tournament turns out. I hope to come out of there still hanging on to that slight lead in AOY points. It is currently at a 1 point lead, but Bob grew up on Graham so he may school me! Talk to you later.

Ren

No comments: