Thursday, November 13, 2008

First time

Well this is my first time attempting this, so I guess I will give you a little background. My name is Reney and I am from a small town in WV. I have been in the Air Force for 16 years and was just recently selected for promotion to E7. I am married and I have 2 beautiful little girls ages 8 and 1. I love to fish and I have all of my life. I would fish every chance that I had in the past, but the tournament bug has bitten me and now that is what I really look forward to doing. My wife gets a little peeved at me sometimes because she says I fish too much. I told her at least I wasn't hanging out that the bar every weekend.

I bought a boat last year and have since been fishing a lot more than I used to. I started fishing a local Wednesday night tournament with a buddy of mine. We usually did pretty well, but just always seemed to come up a little bit short. If they had enough people show up to pay 4 spots, then we finished 5th. If they had enough to pay 3 spots, you guessed it, we finished 4th. Finally this past summer I won that tournament. That was probablly the greatest thing that ever could have happened. It really boosted my confidence level a notch, and just last month at the district 112 American Bass Anglers (ABA) tournament that I fished I finished 2nd. I think I could have won that one,but I made a mistake and culled the wrong fish, but that is a whole other story in itself.

This past May I hauled my boat all the way from Texas to Tennessee to fish in the 17th annual Military Team Bass Fishing Tournament. My partner and I fished the biggest tournament that both of us had ever fished and ended up 35th out of about 97 boats or so. We were 5 pounds out of 18th position, which was the last position to make a check. Over the course of the 3 day tournament, we lost probablly 12 to 15 lbs of fish. My buddy Shane did manage to catch the big bass of day 2 which ended up being the big bass of the tournament.

Well, that is a little bit of background on me. I will try to post a little bit every couple of weeks to keep you all updated. Not only about fishing, but about the happenings in my life as well. Until then, keep those lines tight!!

No comments: