Friday, November 14, 2008

getting ready for a tourney

Well I have the 2nd tournament of the 2009 season Sunday. I finished 2nd at the first one of the year, but that was on the lake that fish pretty regularly. This weekends tournament is at Lake Bridgeport in Chico Texas. I have only fished this lake 1 time last year, and struggled to find a big bite. The lake has a lot of hybrid stripers and it has spots, largemouth, and smallies in it also. It has a slot limit for the largemouth at 14 to 18 inches. So you are basically fishing for 12-13 inch fish. It is not uncommon for less than 10 pounds to win.

Lake Bridgeport has a whole lot of steep bluffs and chunk rock along the shorelines. I know that I need to find that smallmouth bite to really have a chance at any kind of weight. I am not real comfortable with that because I haven't fished for smallies in a lake in a long long time. Even when we were at Dale Hollow for the Military Team tourney we fished for Largemouth mostly because the smallies had a slot and you could only keep 2 per day per team. I plan on cranking the ledges with either a 4 inch swimbait or a chrome rattle trap and then drag a craw colored jig also. We will see what happens.

Tomorrow I have my youngest daughters first birthday party and my oldest has a veterans day parade to go to in the morning. Well, I need to get going now. Hope ya'll have a great weekend!

No comments: